Join us for a 27-day devotion from the Book of James beginning this Wednesday, November 4th.
We will be using a method called S.O.A.P., as we read through James. The S.O.A.P. concept is, "How will I be different today because of what I just read." Here's how it works:
1. Read devotion and Scripture.
2. Give your lesson a title.
3. (S) Give the Scripture.
4. (O) Write what YOU see in the Scripture, Observation.
5. (A) Write how you will be different today because of what you have just read, Application.
6. (P) Write out a short prayer from your reading.
Here's an example:
(Title) Value of Trials
(S) James 1:1-4
(O) Trials help us develop patience and endurance.
(A) Trials help serve a great purpose in my life. Helping me tap into God's comfort, Love, Grace and Hope.
(P) "Thank you Lord for my trial this week, especially in endurance. None have been greater and although there were times I lost my focus, You were there proving all along that I just needed to have my eyes on you and not the storm."
It doesn't have to be anything long or fancy, just whatever the scriptures are saying to you today. You don't have to do it this way, it's only a suggestion. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email me. email@example.com